In an auto collision, imagine that a clock starts ticking at the moment of impact. This clock represents the amount of time you have to collect enough evidence to build a claim before the coming financial hits: first might be a missed paycheck due to your injuries, and next might be a medical bill. Before you know it, you are saddled with financial issues and battling insurance companies.
You can prevent this situation from escalating by hiring a car accident lawyer. A car accident lawyer can help you build a case for receiving compensation, which will not resolve your injuries but will make dealing with life significantly easier following an accident. Suppose your injury has affected your quality of life, caused you pain and suffering, hindered your job performance, or affected your future earning potential. In that case, a car accident lawyer can help you build a strong case for receiving compensation.
What Compensation Can I Receive?
After an auto accident, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages due to being too injured to work, or suffering from physical and emotional pain. To secure payment, you must begin building a solid case the moment the clock starts ticking.
Take These Steps Following a Car Accident
- Get medical attention or call 911. The adrenaline from an accident temporarily numbs you to injuries. Even if you don’t immediately register pain, your injuries may be internal or take time to develop.
- Gather evidence. Take photos of license plates, vehicle damage, intersections, traffic patterns, street names, and any other information that could be useful to a lawyer for establishing fault.
- Identify witnesses. Witness statements are invaluable for building a case. Write down their names, phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses so your attorney can contact them.
- Contact a car accident lawyer. An experienced lawyer can take on the insurance companies, file the necessary paperwork on time, and increase your compensation for the accident.
Why Hire a Car Accident Lawyer?
After an accident, you may be tempted to hand the problem to your insurance company and be on your way. This course of action may send you through a tailspin of lowball insurance offers and unfair compensation. With a car accident attorney, you stand a fair chance of winning your case.
An experienced attorney can:
- Handle the insurance companies. An experienced attorney can negotiate with insurance companies to get you the best compensation possible. Without legal backup that can provide extensive knowledge of insurance laws, you may receive less compensation than you deserve for your pain and suffering.
- File necessary paperwork on time. Car accident claims and personal injury lawsuits must be filed correctly and on time. Working with an attorney is the best way to ensure that you file everything properly and within the correct window.
- Increase your compensation. A car accident lawyer can make sure you squeeze every deserved penny from your injury. They have extensive experience investigating car accidents and going head to head with insurance companies, so they know how to find the data and build a case to show the insurance companies exactly how much money you need to recover.
Car Accident Lawyers Want to Help You
For more information on Auto Accident Cases In California, a complimentary initial consultation is your next best step. Get the facts and legal solutions you are seeking by calling 877-236-4536 today. An auto accident attorney will offer the right advice and do everything to get you the highest possible compensation.